Individuals injured in auto accidents often sustain injuries to several parts of their bodies, and many car accident victims share the same types of injuries. You must seek medical attention immediately if you have been involved in a car accident. Specific injuries such as internal bleeding or concussions may not immediately manifest and could lead to severe complications if not treated properly.

Some of the other most common injuries include:

  • Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
  • Spinal cord injuries
  • Back injuries
  • Internal injuries
  • Whiplash
  • Burns
  • Broken bones and fractures
  • Cuts and bruises

Why Do I Need to Seek Medical Attention After an Accident?

Many accident victims question why they should seek medical attention after an accident if they feel fine and do not have apparent injuries. However, even if you think you are unharmed after an accident, it is always wise to be evaluated by a medical professional. As stated previously, some conditions are not readily apparent.

Nevertheless, being seen by a medical professional also gives you a record of your medical evaluations, diagnosis, and any treatments you may have received. This record may prove invaluable should you decide to pursue a claim.

Can I File a Claim if I Only Sustained Minor Injuries in an Accident?

If you were involved in a car accident and only sustained minor injuries, you may wonder if you are able to file a claim. If your injuries resulted in damages, you might be entitled to recover financial compensation for medical expenses or lost time at work.

One of the easiest ways to learn more information about your right to file a claim is to contact our law firm and ask to schedule a free case evaluation with a qualified legal team member who can review your case and determine the best course of action

What Types of Damages Can a Car Injury Victim Recover?

A car injury victim may be able to recover the economic and non-economic damages they have experienced as a result of being injured.

Economic damages are meant to reimburse the victim for their out-of-pocket expenses. They may include:

  • Past and future medical bills
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of earning potential
  • Property damage

Non-economic damages are awarded to cover intangible losses that may include:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Emotional distress
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Permanent disfigurement and scarring

How Can Your Law Firm Help Me After I Have Been Injured in a Car Accident?

Our law firm is dedicated to assisting car accident victims to recover maximum compensation for their injuries. Our car accident attorneys can help you file a claim with the other party’s insurance company. We can also act as your legal advocate if the insurance provider does not want to grant you a settlement in your best interests.

Contact our law firm by calling 812-247-8416 and asking to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.